Friday, March 27, 2009

Busy week

Hurray! spring break is just about over, finally! Hannah gets to go back to school on Monday, and I am not sure which on of us is more happy about it. 2 weeks is a very long time for Hannah to miss out on school, seeing her friends and her teacher, and doing homework. She gets her homework packet on Monday and has to have it finished by Friday- usually she gets it done on Monday, and gets upset if we try to make her wait to finish it. One Monday the homework packet didn't make it into the kids folders for some reason. Hannah was so upset she cried for at least 30 minutes about not getting to do her homework. It is definitely time for her to go back.


We got 3 new dressers this week! Now i can't complain about putting the kids laundry away ever again. We had been using dressers from our childhood- one donated from chases family and one from mine- but they weren't in good shape at all- drawers getting stuck shut or open, drawers falling out onto kids toes, and not big enough drawers and not enough. so now- all four of our kids have their own dressers, and in each room they match in color and size.


The boys have 2 of the brown ones, and the girls have 2 white ones pushed together. It is much nicer putting away clothes now- but I still don't like doing it, but I can never complain about it again!


Oh- and I put all 3 of them together by myself- well with the help of all 4 of my children, but not any from Chase. I enjoy putting stuff like this together- just not x3 all in one day!



I also caved and got new contact lenses this week. I was going to wait till i had student loans paid off this summer so i could use cash for whatever insurance didn't cover, but Sam has decided that yanking glasses off of my face is hilarious. So i used my credit card and got them. When I came home, Brad informed me that I looked weird without my glasses. Sam would let my hold him, but he wouldn't look directly at me, he would turn his head and peek at me out of the corner of his eye for several hours after i got home. Hannah then decided that I was just too pretty for him to look at now. Then as i was helping brad fix his bed for the night(he frequently takes the sheet of his mattress and the mattress off his bed to play), a whole 5 hours after i got my contacts, he says "mommy, do you remember when you had glasses?". I love being a mommy- most of the time.


Oh- and i was tagged= i am supposed to put up the 4th picture in the 4th file of pictures on my computer. It's pretty small like this- i need to crop it. It's the whole Thurston clan (and Scott's TV) before Tara got married, and before Sam and Kariah were born.

1 comment:

Brad and Ali said...

You have such a cute blog, I don't know what took you so long to get started.
Ali