Saturday, March 21, 2009

Yummy Treats!

I had a sweet tooth today, but couldn't quite decide what it was I wanted, so Chase was very nice and went on a grocery run for me. His list included: baking cocoa (in case i wanted no bake cookies), milk, chocolate chips, a 7 ounce Hershey's chocolate bar (Neiman Marcus cookies?), brownie mix, bread and some microwave dinners for his lunches at work next week. Oh- and vanilla ice cream. So- in the end I made the Neiman Marcus cookies. It's a recipe in the cookbook that my mother-in-law made up for us when we first got married, and it's the first time I have baked these myself. I was expecting it to be a relatively small batch of cookies, since most others in the book are. But it was huge. I made cookies all afternoon and into the evening since there was so much cookie dough! But it was worth it= for our silly Saturday dinner we had home made ice cream sandwiches! (I know, it was a lapse in judgement and not one of my best choices as a mother- but the kids loved it and i don't do it all the time!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds so yummy! Can you bring some cookies to grandma?