Tuesday, April 21, 2009

We are ready for the cold!

To bad there is no cold for us though! This past weekend I was bored, but didn't feel like being productive at all (I should have been cleaning or doing laundry or yard work or something) since I didn't have a car to go out and do anything. So instead I got my leftover yarn pieces out to play with. I made 4 different hats for the kids, and Hannah got this beautiful matching hat and scarf ensemble. She is so pleased with it. She wanted to wear it to school today. Too bad for her, I said no. I made her cold weather clothes just in time for a day with a forecast high of 102! I can just picture her insisting on wearing it during recess and boiling away in the heat. SO she is planning on using it during our camping trip this summer. It might be cold enough at night to justify it. Now Bekah has been asking for a scarf to match her hat too. I would like to say my kids are silly that they are so happy with their hats when it is too hot outside to wear them, but I am the silly mommy that made them in the first place.

2 comments:

Reynolds Family said...

So cute they are almost worth wearing in 102 degree weather!

Tara said...

So cute...I love your model!