Wednesday, May 6, 2009

It's fixed!

I took the whole gang with me today to visit my mom at work, and it took much longer than it should have had to visit a fabric store. I got my sewing machine fixed- Joel did an awesome job with it and it was done in just a few minutes! Although he also let me know I was using the wrong type of needle and I had to buy a different kind. I am so thankful that I get to use my mom's discount- i didn't have to pay anything to have it fixed. I also spent way to much on fabric today- even with the 40% discount it was to much. The kids had a blast in the store though- they loved looking at all the fabric, which they all just called blankets. Brad found a whole section of car material he kept asking for, and Hannah found some really cute flower prints that she couldn't decide which was her favorite- but with the dozens there i can't blame her. But all i got was some red and blue flannels to do a throw for our couch. It seems like everyone wants to cuddle with a blanket on the couch when they watch TV, so i am going to make something that looks cuter and matches our couch better than our old purple leopard print comforter that we picked out when we first got married.

2 comments:

Reynolds Family said...

I'm glad your machine is fixed!!! You'll have to post pictures of your throw blanket when it's all done!

Elena T said...

I'm excited to see your new projects! I am crazy jealous of your craft-connection. But I know I would also spend way too much money. :)