Saturday, May 16, 2009

Pretty Purple

OK- this is my latest sewing project- a purple satin and minky blanket for Jaime's baby Lila. I am so happy to discover that these aren't to expensive to make- especially with a discount on the fabric- compared to what you would need to spend to but one in the store, plus it's a bit bigger than you can usually find, and I can pick whatever color I want. I realized as I was getting ready for the baby shower this morning I realized that I didn't have any gift bags or wrapping paper, so I just cut a strip of this left over green satin and tied a pretty bow around it. I thought it looked pretty good but i guess the wrapping isn't all that important anyways. I have another blanket finished and ready for a baby girl. I was thinking that if I had Jessica's address I could send it up to her...


1 comment:

Reynolds Family said...

Oh, it looks so sweet! I really love these kinds of blankets, they are so incredibly soft! I wish I could have been at the shower, too. I hope it was tons of fun!