Thursday, July 30, 2009

My Awesome Husband

Chase has always donated blood- for as long as I have known him he has gone in at regular intervals to donate, i even watched once (it creeped me out so bad- watching all this blood drain from my then boyfriends arm- that i haven’t ever done it since).  It is one thing that I have always admired about him.  When he started work at SRP they had regular blood drives where he could donate while being on the clock at work, making it so much easier for him to fit donating into his schedule. Well, when he moved out to the new offices we discovered that there was no blood drives set up there so he decided to do something about it.  He put a lot of extra effort into it and got the ball rolling, not expecting any special recognition or extra compensation.  He did it just because he felt good about it.  But this week he came home with this award:

DSCF2746

This award is to recognize Chase Thurston for his outstanding coordination of our very first Blood Drive at the Pinal Customer Center. Chase took the initiative to request that we have a blood drive at our new facility and volunteered to coordinate with United Blood Services including contacting them and scheduling the event. He really showed great organizational skills by getting the word out, signing up  previous donors and recruiting new donors. He went above and beyond to even make homemade cookies for the donors! It was a great success and because of his efforts, the donations made have potential to help save 69 lives in area hospitals. Thank you for a job well done Chase.”

This special recognition also came with a $300 bonus that he wasn’t expecting!   The desire to help others without thought for himself  was one of the many reasons that I fell in love with this man- a trait that I have seen surface so many times in the  7 years that we have been together.  I know that he would never tell any of his family himself, so I just had to dedicate this post to bragging about my awesome husband!  DSCF2651

3 comments:

Tara said...

Way to go Chase! Chase was the one who started me donating although I haven't done it since I have been home from my mission because of my tainted Africa blood. I will have to check though maybe I can now.

Scott and Jaime said...

That is so awesome. Nothing beats getting money you weren't expecting on. Chase is awesome to donate. Scott always does but I am too grossed out and would probably get sick or pass out to have my blood donated!

Elena T said...

Yea for Chase! I agree with you Liz! One of Chase's most redeeming features is how easily he puts others before himself. Very inspiring. And very Christ-like.