Monday, August 31, 2009

Creative writing

So, everyone loved my post on my history of soda pop.  I loved it.  I thought I was able to convey my feelings on the subject perfectly.  Which is rare-  I have kids playing and screaming and fighting and laughing and wanting attention in my life at all times.  So putting out a post that is completely what i want it to be is rare.  I start typing and everything goes awry from my intentions as I am distracted by life.  I want to write good stuff that will be entertaining to read- but my father-in-law sent me this quote today "Having a family is like having a bowling alley installed in your brain."-Martin Mull    and I want to thank Martin for expressing exactly what my head feels like today.  So instead of creative writing- just quick updates on the kids:  Hannah got bangs cut in her hair because she wants to look like her friends and loves for me to curl them each day.  Brad had an all green week last week (cards go from green to yellow to red, and in the past almost every other day was yellow instead of green).   Bekah told me "I need a large Dr Pepper from sonic today" after we dropped chase off at work today-  I think she has listened to me  order at the drive through to many times!  And Sam is still determined to just say Dada and grunt and point for all other communication.   Chase has ot at work today and won't get off till 7 (yes- that's his normal time but he went in at 8 instead of 10:30.  And Liz is on her own with the kids till 7, but at least 2 of them are at school till 3.    And that is all.  

No comments: