Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Do the Smarty-pants-dance

DSCF3290

Our school awards assembly was today, and Hannah got the Student of the Month award for February and Scholar of Distinction for the 3rd quarter.  I feel bad, but our school has an awards assembly every single quarter, and I had not gone to any of them until today.  She has brought home this Scholar of distinction award lots, but I didn’t know what it was for.  When I was in school Principal’s honor roll was the highest award you could get.  But turns out this school is a little different- Scholar of distinction is the highest and is given to all students with straight A’s for the quarter!     I enjoyed going to the assembly and seeing all the kids get awards.  I saw kids from the ward- some of them were even past primary kids of mine- and I was able to put faces to names that my kids talk about at home.  But Bekah and Sam?  A little less than thrilled at the assembly.  Pretty boring stuff for 1 and 4 year olds.   I am sure it wasn’t that long, but trying to keep those 2 quiet and happy made it feel really, really long.   Brad didn’t get an award this quarter,  he had 1 really bad grade among his A’s and B’s.  We are working hard on that subject  so I can hopefully brag about him next time too.

2 comments:

Arizona Girl said...

This is sweet, Way to go.

Anonymous said...

Thats our girl! Love the new picture and blog page