Tuesday, March 23, 2010

On Monday afternoon I got to thinking about every single thing I had to be stressed about.  And started getting depressed that it seemed that despite every effort we made, we still weren’t getting ahead.  In anything.   So I just said forget it all and we went out into the front yard to play.  I laid a blanket out on the lawn, and I remembered how grateful i am to have a yard of our own to take care of.DSCF3220DSCF3224   DSCF3223

The kids rode bikes,  up and down the street, well, at least as far as one extra house on either side of ours, and I remembered how grateful I am that only 3 households lived in that space, instead of 8-12. 

DSCF3211DSCF3215DSCF3213

Sam drove his trucks up and down the driveway, and I remembered how grateful I am that  we have a safe driveway  instead of a parking lot to share with  10 other cars.

DSCF3207DSCF3216DSCF3217

DSCF3218

And we laid on our blanket and looked at the clouds, and I remembered how grateful i am that it was on grass instead of rocks. 

DSCF3235

It was my reality check for the day.  Yes, life is hard.  Yes, it takes a lot of work.  Yes, it doesn’t always go as planned.   But despite all that, my life is pretty good.  I have a great husband, wonderful children that make me laugh every day, and a home filled with love.

 DSCF3241     

after our photo shoot with Glen,  Hannah has become a pro at “posing” for pictures, and bekah?  yeah… not so much.  she stuck her leg up like that every single time…

    DSCF3240

1 comment:

Reynolds Family said...

Thanks for the great reminder to count my blessings! I LOVE the last two pictures of your girls posing. Hilarious!