Saturday, February 19, 2011

Bountiful Baskets

Once again Chase went and picked up our basket this morning, and I slept in for a little bit.  And here is what we got:

  100_0576

3 mangos, 6 baby pears, 4 apples, 1 cantaloupe, bananas, 1 lb. strawberries, 2 pounds of carrots, 1 bunch of spinach, 6 yellow squash, 11 sweet potatoes, and 5 chunks of mysterious root thing. 

We already ate the strawberries (soooo good, kind of wishing I had paid for extra strawberries). I will have  to slice the mangos up and put them in the dehydrator for my kids to like them.  The difficult things this time around are the squash, sweet potatoes, and the root things.  We will have to get creative.  

Bountiful Baskets just posted on Facebook that the mystery root thing, which we thought might be ginger, is actually a “Jerusalem Artichoke or Sunchoke”.  And while I may have a name for it, I still have no idea what to do with it!  Any ideas?

Update for Emily- my “sunchokes”?

100_0578

1 comment:

Katie, Bob, & Morgan said...

Wow, this makes me want to get one of the basket things! Maybe minus the stawberrys. :) It all looks good!