Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Roll Recipe

Several of you have asked for my roll recipe.  I haven’t been ignoring you, just procrastinating.  I got it from my mom, and I don’t think she minds me sharing it.

1 1/3 cups warm water
1 egg
1 stick of butter
6 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon salt
4 1/2 cups bread flour
1/4 cup dry milk
2 teaspoons yeast

Starting with the wet ingredients I put it all in my bread machine (an awesome birthday present from my mom) and end with the yeast in a little indention at the top.  and then I turn it on to the dough setting and let it go.   I use “bread machine” yeast, but it might work with regular yeast too.   Sometimes I make my store bought bread flour last longer by substituting  1 cup of it with  home ground wheat flour.

(my little helpers) 100_0562 100_0564

When the bread machine beeps at you you take out the dough, form rolls and let rise for 20 minutes or more.  Bake at 325 degrees for 20 minutes.   I am sure if you are a good cook you could figure out how to do these rolls without the bread machine.  I am perfectly content not trying that.

Last night we used the wheat flour in the dough, and used it as our pizza crust! 

100_0570

I made a dozen little pizzas with the kids.  we used Ragu spaghetti sauce, and the only topping we had was cheese since it was on sale last weekend.100_0571 

The kids each ate 2 of the little pizzas.  After making a dozen little ones I was getting tired and just used up the rest of the dough to make the last pizza that we saved for Chase.100_0572

I think fry’s has cheese on sale again this weekend, and I still have some Ragu in the fridge, so we will definitely be having this meal again.  The only problem was that I ate too much of it!

1 comment:

Alycia (Crowley Party) said...

Love that the kids help make this too :) I am always looking for a good roll/dough recipe!