Friday, February 11, 2011

Sam-I-Am

Tonight I read "green eggs and ham" to my kids. I think it was the first time that Sam was big enough to actually follow the story a little bit. It was a lot of fun to see his face lite up each time i said his name while reading, and he seemed to think the whole story was me having a conversation with him. He would answer "No!" whenever i would say "do you like green eggs and ham?" and the only place he ever wanted to try them was in a car, a train, but not on the boat. And it was also a big no whenever it involved animals. Me and Hannah were both laughing so hard by the end of the book it was hard to keep reading out loud! When we were all done he climbed up onto my lap and got a silly smile on his face. Looking deep into my eyes, he leaned closer, and closer... And then he licked my nose and ran away laughing. I have a really weird 2 year old.

1 comment:

Tara said...

I love that book! I just bought it last week :)